EUROPa is a way to connect up and explore the World-Wide Web.
It was started here on 22 December 1994 by
Denis Howe<firstname.lastname@example.org> just to see how far it would spread.
Problems or comments should be sent to Denis and the owner of the
relevant page (if any). See below for how to join in.
This was the first Web ring.
Welcome to Anglia Polytechnic University
Some non-EUROPa pages you might care to browse.
To join in you need to be able to create your own Web page. Here's
what to do:
It is important to follow these instructions in the order given to
ensure that the ring remains a ring. You may join the ring at any
point but you may only join once. To this end, you should
check that any URL you receive is not already in the ring by following
the links back round to your own page. You should keep a note of old
"Next page"s in case your current one dies, leaving a break in the
- Invent a new URL to use for your own EUROPa page, something like
- Take a copy of the HTML source of this page using your browser's
"View Source" function.
- Replace all the "Owner of this page" names, e-mail addresses,
etc. as indicated by the comments in the HTML.
- Edit the "Other links" section as you wish.
- Install the page on your Web server with the URL you gave.
- E-mail the new URL to me, the owner of this page (below).
- I will send back my latest "Next EUROPa page" link (in case it
has changed since you took your copy).
- Update the "Next page" link in your page if necessary.
- Wait until you receive the URL of another new EUROPa page.
- Send the owner of the new page your latest "Next page" link (and
keep a note of it for yourself).
- Update the "Next page" link on your page to point to the new URL
Owner of this page:
Added to the ring on 31 Jan 1995 13:43 GMT