All Bar One, St Andrew's Street
Bar: Mitchells & Butlers
- In 2003 it's improved slighly: there are now 8 handpumps
and beers such as London Pride have appeared.
- Review from its opening in 1998:
- It's done rigidly to a standard pattern: if you've been into one All Bar One, you've been in all of them.
- Completely lacking in charm and character - just a big room which is noisy due to the echoes.
- After a couple of weeks the place still smelled of new wood (the floor, tables & chairs).
- The only real beers are Bass & Worthington any they may not be on all the time.
- There's a big array of wine bottles behind the bar and the
fizzy, dead beers & ciders are dispensed from the now-common T-shaped
multi-tap heads, though particularly slim & elegant ones.
- Newspapers & The Beano are available and there's a big menu.
- Converted from the Belfast Linen shop in 1998, opening in late September.
| Ian's home page