The Alexandra Arms, Milford Street
Pub: Greene King
- Reopened in Oct-2004 after a hiatus and change of landlord.
Sadly they stopped stocking Abbot.
- The four handpumps stock a variety of GK beers and guests.
- There's a wide selection of wines and food is featured strongly.
- A major refurb by GK in June 2002 improved the pub greatly.
- Beer garden.
- Previously, before the change of landlord in August 2001:
- A locals' boozer.
- Startlingly, around November 1999 it began serving real ale after
years of being one of the few keg-only pubs in the City:
- The beers are the now-standard GK ones: IPA and Dark Mild
plus guests such as Speckled Hen
and the seasonals.
- A sign of the times: as of summer 1999 it now stays closed Mon-Thu lunchtimes.
| Ian's home page