The Bakers, East Road
Pub: Greene King
- There's a no-smoking area in the front section.
- The name was shortened to The Bakers around Autumn 2003.
- In October 1998 this changed name from The Baker's Arms to the Baker's Yard as part of a GK branding policy
- see Greene King Brewery News.
- Apparently the first GK pub in Cambridge to be allowed a guest ale - Marston's Pedigree -
under the brewery's new agreements, in 1998: seemingly a GK pub is allowed a guest beer if it's
in direct competition with a pub with a variety of real ales and the landlord will sign a particular type of agreement.
- Refurbished about 1992 to remove all trace of personality or atmosphere, having been a classic locals' boozer.
| Ian's home page