The Cambridge Arms, King Street
Bar: Greene King
- Revamped yet again to reopen as the Cambridge Arms in February 2004.
- Gutted in September 2002 and reopened as The Brewery, a "Pizza Bar".
('Brewery' referring the the former Scales brewery.)
- Gutted in mid-1998 for refurbishment as a rock-themed venue, reopened on 7 Aug.
- Oh my God!.
From day 1 styled itself as "Cambridge's premier night spot"!
- As the 1980s-1990s Cambridge Arms, the front bar was a traditional basic locals' boozer, with Sky Sports, pool & darts;
the rear bar was aimed at the youth market (one didn't expect to see anyone over 21 in there).
- Scales Internet Bar opened within the pub at the end of July 1996; the name harks back to Scales Brewery, which was on the site.
- There was a strange Web site at
www.soton.ac.uk/~pelham/vca.htm called The Virtual Cambridge Arms
which described itself as a hypertext adventure based on the pub.
| Ian's home page