The Elm Tree, Elm Street
Pub: Charles Wells
- New leaseholder from August 2005
- As it was previously:
- A quiet, relaxing, back-streets pub.
- Sadly looking a bit dilapided as of Spring 2005 as the brewery plan to
refurbish it soon and aren't doing much maintenance.
- From July 2003 offered free wireless Internet connections.
- Open all afternoon at weekends
- Web site
- Big TV screens, switched on for major sports events (soccer, rugger, cricket, racing)
- Lots of newpapers, magazines, board games plus a fish tank, making for a very relaxing ambience
- Guest beer changes regularly;
e.g. Tanglefoot, Caledonian 80/-, JW Lees (various),
Hardy & Hanson's Ye Olde Trip Ale,
Charles Wells Summer Solstice (4.1%),
Josephine Grimbley's (4.1%, £1.70)
- Modern jazz on Monday, Thursday and Sunday evenings
- Sadly the Bar Billiards table had to go to make room for the crowds on jazz nights
- c1984 was the first outlet in Cambridge to offer Thai food
| Ian's home page