The Mill, Mill Lane
Real Ale Pub: Passionate Pub Co.
- Up to eight real ales on and Old Rosie cider.
- A new landlord arrived in late 1999 and it's improved a lot from then, having had poor choice with
high prices for most of the 1990s.
- Was owned for a while by Enterprise Inns after they bought the Tap & Spile Chain.
- Open all afternoon (at least in the punting season).
- It was crassly refurbished in 1989: the place was stripped out then refitted with minimal changes.
Utterly lacking in atmosphere - corporate decor abounded.
For a short while afterwards (1990-2) it had a good range of beers at keen prices.
- Popular with tourists and punters (has to use plastic glasses and paper plates in the summer).
- Used to be the Hazard Arms, one of many pubs in the area for the mill workers and bargees.
| Ian's home page