The Six Bells, Covent Garden
Real ale Pub: Greene King
- Now has a good selection of real ales from the GK portfolio.
For instance in early March 2000 had IPA, Abbot & Ruddles Bitter (all GK), Tanglefoot and Cocker Hoop.
- Sinead Forrester, formerly of the Swimmer, took over in early Dec. 1999
- Open all afternoon
- Conservatory and beer garden
- Pool table 50p (1996)
- Cribbage and chess played - very much a community pub
As it was c1994-1999:
- The landlord, Mike Tedford, left to concentrate on his other pub,
the Spread Eagle.
- The first pub on the Internet (in late 1994/early 1995) and it was the first "cyberpub", with
a free Internet PC. However the PC went around Dec. '96 and its CityScape account (hosting its Web page) closed in 1997.
- Large whisky collection
| Ian's home page