The Mitre, Bridge Street
Real ale Pub: Mitchells & Butlers
- After a refurbishment in March 2005, this has changed back to a 'pubby' look
from its All Bar One/Bath House look.
- The pub is no-smoking except for the rear area.
- Open all day.
- Six real ales, e.g. Adnams Bitter, Tim Taylor Landlord,
Black Sheep Bitter, Hook Norton Old Hookey.
- Was closed for about six weeks to the end of October 2001 for a major refurb,
changing it to the trendy pastel-shades bright cafe-bar look, losing
the old, dark, wood-beam ambience.
- Bass bought the
Allied Domecq Festival Ale House chain in 1999
but thankfully (contrary to the strong rumours in the trade) had no plans to change it in the short term.
- Ale Trail - Thompson's Lane Area
| Ian's home page