La Mimosa, Thompson's Lane
- Around Nov-2004 changed hands and became La Mimosa bar-restaurant.
- Previously, as The Waterside/The Rat & Parrot:
- Somewhere between a bar and a restaurant, there are only two
handpumps, with the likes of Wadworth's 6X and Old Speckeled Hen.
Noble House brand it as a gastropub.
- Renamed from the Rat & Parrot in Autumn 2002, following some refurbishment.
- Sold by S&N to Noble House in 2001,
perhaps due to underperformance and being poorly located
since the 2nd Rat & Parrot on Downing Street opened.
Another factor is that its neighbour Henry's cafe-bar is now part of the S&N group rather than
being its main rival (and is more prominent, being on Quayside).
- Refurbished in the "style" of a French coffee bar Feb.-Apr. 1997.
- Formerly The Spade & Becket and The George and Dragon
- Ale Trail - Thompson's Lane Area
| Ian's home page