Rat & Parrot, Downing Street
Bar: Spirit Group
- Three floors - 7,050 sq.ft.
- No hand pumps - no real ale - bland fizz rules here.
- Open 8am - 11pm, showing its emphasis as a cafe-bar, similar to its neighbour the
All Bar One.
- Plush decor: carpets, lots of tables, lights and so on.
- There were two Rat & Parrots in Cambridge till the
first one was renamed again in Autumn 2002.
- This was due to open on Monday December 13th 1999 but was apparently delayed a day or two awaiting a licence.
- Converted by Scottish & Newcastle very quickly (Sep.-Nov.) from the Cambridge Building Society office block and
the former January's Estate Agents, after more than a year of delays.
- Forms a major part of the Cambridge Drinking Circuit 1998-2000.
| Ian's home page